Please note: The information displayed here is current as of Monday, September 26, 2016, but the official Course Catalog should be used for all official planning.
2016-2017 Course Catalog
Requirements for the Interdisciplinary Major in the Natural Sciences in a Primary Discipline and a Secondary Discipline
- Introductory requirement: An introductory sequence in physics and two additional introductory sequences chosen from those in biology, chemistry, and geology so that sequences in both the primary and the secondary disciplines are included. The introductory sequences are:
- Biology: BIOL 130, 150, and 170
- Chemistry: CHEM 115 and 116 or equivalent
- Geology: GEOL 110 (any section) and Geology 210
- Physics: PHYS 151 and 160 or, with the permission of both the primary and the secondary departments, PHYS 141 and 151
- Intermediate/advanced requirement: At least ten six-unit courses in the sciences (biology, chemistry, geology, physics) numbered 200 or above, with at least five in the primary discipline and at least three in the secondary discipline. More specific course and/or laboratory requirements may apply in specific departments.
- Participation in a Senior Experience as defined by the department of the primary discipline.