A story announcing the hiring of five new tenure-track faculty at Lawrence University was the most-read story at lawrence.edu in 2019, followed closely by a guide to the books on the reading list for Freshman Studies.
The new faculty story, posted in May, welcomed Abhishek Chakraborty, statistics; Estelí Gomez, Conservatory of Music (voice); Vanessa D. Plumly, German; Relena Ribbons, geosciences; and Austin Segrest, English. All five started their new appointments at the start of Fall Term.
It heads our list of the top 10 most popular stories of 2019 on the Lawrence news wire, a list that includes Lawrence landing high in national rankings, a nod to tradition, the arrival of a new degree, and an embrace of the school’s commitment to the sciences.
Here, then, are the top 10 stories for 2019 at lawrence.edu, based on analytics that track readership:
- Lawrence announces the hiring of five new tenure-track faculty.
- Garth Bond, associate professor of English and director of Freshman Studies, guides us through the 2019-20 Freshman Studies reading list.
- Princeton Review ranks Lawrence among the best colleges in the country.
- Lawrence unveils its new Bachelor of Musical Arts (B.M.A.) degree.
- Excitement builds in the sciences as Lawrence ranks high on a STEM-to-Ph.D. ranking and works to implement inclusive pedagogy in the sciences.
- The Rock, a boulder with history on campus dating back 124 years, gets some new attention.
- An anthropology professor and his students work in partnership with a historic site in Kaukauna.
- Lawrence ranks among “Best Value” schools in the country, places fourth on “Impact Schools” list.
- Getting to know Lawrence’s Class of 2023, by the numbers.
- We caught up with players and coaches from the men’s basketball team that made a thrilling run through March Madness 15 years ago.
Eight alums, eight stories
Read these eight stories that shine a light on amazing, inspiring experiences
As 2019 closes, read these stories that celebrate a year of Lawrence brilliance