Choir Auditions for 2019-2020
Auditions for new students will be held in Conservatory West Offices on September 12-13.
Please carefully read the information guide for auditions HERE.
Please sign up for an audition time HERE.
Students auditioning for Cantala, Concert Choir, and Bass Clef Ensemble will be expected to prepare this EXCERPT for the audition.
The 2019-20 choir calendar can be foundHERE.
Returning students will audition on Monday, September 16. Sign up for your audition time HERE.
Who can audition?
Anyone! Ensemble members in our choirs represent all academic areas. There is an ensemble that will be the perfect fit for you.
Concert Choir and Cantala Women’s Choir
• challenging and rewarding literature from a variety of periods and cultures
• nationally recognized excellence in choral performance
Mondays/Wednesdays 3:15-4:15, Tuesdays/Thursdays 4:35-5:35
• variety of literature including performance of a choral masterwork with orchestra
• no experience required, no formal audition needed. High level of music-making, but open to anyone.
Viking Bass Clef Ensemble
• Drawn from Viking Chorale membership; advanced musicians with bass/tenor/countertenor ranges
• By audition. Tuesdays/Thursdays 5:45-6:45
• mixed, small ensemble comprised of 8-16 singers with rhythm section
• wide variety of musical styles (jazz, a cappella, early music, world music, original compositions)
Do all the choirs have the same audition?
Concert Choir, Cantala, and Bass Clef Ensemble have a full ‘advanced audition’ procedure, as described in the information guide above.
You do not have to be in the Conservatory to be in any of these ensembles.
Viking Chorale doesn’t have a formal audition, but rather a brief meeting with the professors to get to know you and to confirm your best vocal range.
Hybrid Ensemble has an audition specific to that ensemble’s needs and is run by Dr. Swan – please contact him directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).