The pages in the Faculty menu provide information for instructors, advisors, and department chairs, as well as links to committees, faculty forms, and other resources. If you see anything that needs updating, please contact Bob Williams, Associate Dean of the Faculty.
- Governance of the University (PDF)
- Organization of the Faculty (PDF)
- Personnel Policies and Practices (PDF)
- Salaries and Benefits (PDF)
- Expectations, Obligations, and Guidelines (PDF)
- Academic Support and Professional Development (PDF)
- University Policies (PDF)
- Other Services and Information (PDF)
Last updated July 2017
Below are the scheduled dates for faculty meetings. Meetings are held in the Esch-Hurvis Room of the Warch Campus Center and begin at 4:30 pm.
|Term I||Term II||Term III|
|Wed, Sep 27||Thurs, Jan 18||Wed, Apr 11|
|Mon, Oct 16||Tues, Feb 13||Mon, May 7|
|Thurs, Nov 16||Fri, Mar 9||Thurs, Jun 7|
Gustavo C. Fares Professor of Spanish
Wednesday, May 10, 2017Type: Book reviews published
• “Collecting and disability studies in/and Latin America. “Antebi, Susan, and Beth Ellen Jorgensen. Libre Acceso: Latin American Literature and Film through Disability Studies. Albany: SUNY, 2016. 278 pp. ISBN: 9781-4384-5967-7. & Andrade, María Mercedes. Collecting from the Margins: Material Culture in a Latin American Context. Lewisburg: Bucknell UP, 2016. 227 pp. ISBN: 978-1-61148-733-6.” Chasqui (May 2017): 2-6.
Friday, June 12, 2015Type: Grants received
Latino Americans. 500 Years of History. National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) and the American Library Association (ALA). “The Common Good: Humanities in the Public Square” initiative. June 2015.
Matthew R. Stoneking Professor of Physics
Tuesday, October 20, 2015Type: Articles published
H. Saitoh, J. Stanja, E.V. Stenson, U. Hergehahn, H. Niemann, T. Sunn Pedersen, M.R. Stoneking, C. Piochacz, and C. Hugenschmidt, "Efficient injection of an intense positron beam into a dipole magnetic field," New Journal of Physics 17, 103038 (2015).
Peter Neal Peregrine Professor of Anthropology
Tuesday, February 21, 2017Type: Articles published
J. Brewer, M. Gelfand, J. C. Jackson, I. F. MacDonald, P. N. Peregrine, P. J. Richerson, P. Turchin, H. Whitehouse & D. S. Wilson. 2017. "Grand challenges for the study of cultural evolution" Nature Ecology & Evolution 1: 0070 doi:10.1038/s41559-017-0070
Type: Articles publishedLocation: Handbook of Methods in Cultural Anthropology, Second edition, edited by H. Russell Bernard and Clarence C. Gravlee. AltaMira, Lanham, MD, pp. 561-600.Participants: Carol R. Ember and Melvin Ember
Friday, April 7, 2017Type: Articles published
“Political Participation and Long-Term Resilience in Pre-Columbian Societies.” Disaster Prevention and Management 26(3). DOI: 10.1108/DPM-01-2017-0013
Wednesday, January 1, 2014Type: Articles publishedLocation: American Antiquity 79(1):5-24.Participants: K. Kintigh, J. Altschul, M. Beaudry, R. Drennan, A. Kinzig, T. Kohler, W. Limp, H. Maschner, W. Michener, T. Pauketat, J. Sabloff, T. Wilkinson, H. Wright, and M. Zeder
Robert F. Williams Associate Dean of the Faculty and Associate Professor of Education
Wednesday, June 19, 2013Type: Conferences/Meetings/SeminarLocation: ACM Institute on College Futures, Chicago, ILParticipants: David Bell, Peter Blitstein, Beth DeStasio, Eileen Hoft-March
Rosa Tapia Associate Professor of Spanish
Thursday, December 12, 2013Type: Offices (held/appointed to)
Jake Frederick Associate Professor of History
Saturday, September 14, 2013Type: Paper presentedLocation: American Society for Ethnohistory, New Orleans, LA