Center for Academic Success
The goal of the Center for Academic Success is to maximize Lawrence students’ chances of achieving academic success at the university. In all of its activities, the Center takes a holistic approach to assisting students, recognizing that academic abilities, success skills, and personal concerns are often connected. Services provided by the Center include:
- Improving college success skills, including motivation, goal-setting, time management, study skills, and metacognitive abilities (see Academic Counseling and Academic Skills);
- Assisting students in developing writing, speaking, and quantitative abilities, and arranging content tutoring for particular subjects or courses (see Tutoring);
- Coordinating academic accommodations for students with disabilities (see Accessibility Services);
- Developing skills in academic English for speakers of English as a second language (see English as a Second Language);
- Providing information about academic progress, transfer credits, options for meeting the GER language requirement, preparing academic petitions, arranging for an incomplete, or taking or returning from a leave (see Academic Procedures).
- Offering courses and workshops that address and promote academic success (see Courses & Workshops).
All students are encouraged to take advantage of the Center's resources and expertise to maximize their potential and success at Lawrence.