Department Mission and Goals
Mission Statement: The Office of Student Transitions, Support, and Persistence strives to holistically
and equitably address the individual and collective needs of students transitioning throughout the college
experience, from matriculation until commencement. Special attention is devoted to unique populations
traditionally underrepresented or under-resourced at Lawrence University: first generation, transfer,
commuter, military, sophomore and graduating senior students.
(Adapted from the Division of Student Life)
• Show increased confidence in solving real-world complex problems.
• Demonstrate an understanding of broader community issues.
• Connect to the campus community
• Include perspectives of diverse groups when making decisions
• Differentiate between individual differences, cultural differences, and universal similarities
• Identify three stress relieving techniques
• Seek out services and programs that promote physical and mental health
• Engage in behaviors that impact the residential community in a positive way
Associate Dean of Students
Student Transitions, Support, and Persistence
Raymond House 203
Education: Lawrence University B.A.; University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh M.S.E.
Interests: Peer Education, Student Success, Student Development, Culturally Relevant Learning/Teaching, Universal Design within Student Affairs, Counseling, Mental Health & Well Being
Years at Lawrence: 2008-