Dear Parents & Guardians:
Happy Spring Break!
If your student has returned home this week for some much needed rest and relaxation, we hope you are enjoying the time to reconnect with one another. If your student is traveling, we know the experience of exploring new places and meeting new people will be worthwhile. And those who may have opted to stay on campus are enjoying the campus without rushing to and from classes.
Whether your student is a freshman or a 5th year student, Career Services has many things planned for him/her during Spring Term. If your son or daughter…
• has or has not decided on a major or is not sure what opportunities exist for one with a certain major, please encourage him/her to attend one or all of the sessions offered during the annual Career Conference on Saturday, April 5.
• has secured an internship for the spring and/or summer, but needs funding, we are accepting applications for the Summer Experiential Learning Grant and the Great Lakes Career Ready Internship Initiative Grant. Interested students should contact Career Services early in the term for details.
• is a senior and just starting to think about Life After Lawrence NOW, we are offering Seniors: Support, Strategies and Success (S4) weekly for a half hour, starting Tuesday, April 1.
• wants a professional head shot for his/her online presence (e.g., LinkedIn profile) our partners in Communications are offering free head-shots for all students. Students simply need to email Rachel.email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
• is interested in learning more about marketing and event planning, one of our Think Globally, Explore Locally trips will be to Chicago on Thursday, May 8 to visit Red Frog Events.
Please review our Spring Term Career Services booklet, discuss the offerings with your student, encourage him/her to visit us and participate in the various events we have scheduled. If you would like to stay in touch with what’s happening in Career Services as we continue to add events, please check out our bi-weekly student newsletters.
On behalf of the team in Career Services, thank you to those of you who have provided us internship and job opportunities throughout the year. We have enjoyed helping your sons and daughters prepare for Life After Lawrence NOW and we look forward to meeting the seniors’ families at Graduation!
All the best,