Do you want to support a fellow Lawrentian as you do your holiday shopping? We’ve pulled together a gift guide courtesy of those who shared with us products or services they’ve created and have available online. It might be a business they’ve founded or crafts they make or art they’ve created or a book they’ve written.
This list only includes Lawrentians who responded to our ask, and only those who have a web presence, whether it’s their primary money-maker or a side hustle. All links here are active. Happy shopping.
Art, music, photography, design
- Julie Holmes ’80, Julie Holmes Studio; www.julieholmesdesign.com/portfolio … Capturing luscious, dreamy moments of light and joy in paintings.
- Leela Mitra ’21, Leelaa Art; www.instagram.com/leelaa.art … Paintings made of gouache and watercolor.
- Alexander Kohnstamm ’12, Kobamm Productions; https://www.etsy.com/shop/Kobamm … Music and fashion photography.
- Amy Marks Delaney ’97, Tangibilia: Singular Goods and Gifts; https://tangibilia.com and www.etsy.com/shop/TangibiliaStudio … Hand-printed textiles and paper goods inspired by design history and nature.
- Tanya Harsch ’05, www.tanyaharsch.com/shop.html … Paintings, prints, etchings, postcards, children’s books, art merch, illustrations, arty socks, clocks, and more.
- Lizzie Aldag ’05, Liz Aldag Ceramics; www.lizaldagceramics.com … A small-batch ceramic artist creating functional, wheel-thrown pottery in Durham, North Carolina.
- Claudia Kuhn ’86, Claudia Kuhn Photography; https://claudia-kuhn.pixels.com … Gorgeous photography from around the world available as canvas print, framed print, metal print, and more.
- Caitee Hoglund ’12, 13FOREST Gallery; https://13forest.com/online-shop … New England art gallery featuring fine art and crafts by local artists.
- Isabel Dammann ’17, Sprig of That; https://sprigofthat.bandcamp.com … Acoustic folk music, soap, socks, prints, posters, stickers. Sprig of That is an acoustic folk trio with violinist Isabel Dammann ’17, guitarist Ilan Blanck ’17, and tabla player Krissy Bergmark.
- Maire Clement ’14, The Boston Imposters; https://thebostonimposters.bandcamp.com … Maire joins Davey Harrison in a singer-songwriter folk duo.
- Andy Bauman ’11, Cogito Prints; www.cogitoprints.com … Handmade linoleum relief prints to challenge and inspire.
- Jeff Davis ’94, Davis Editions; https://daviseditions.com … Limited edition prints from contemporary artists.
- Ken Wiele ’83, Ken Wiele Photography; https://kenwiele.smugmug.com … Prints of Ken’s nature and landscape photography.
- Erika Rand ’95, Erika Rand Fine Art Prints; www.erikarand.com … Inspirational fine art photography. Current project is a rare collaboration with members of the Hopi tribe.
- Yaw Asare ’96, Sharay’s Ghana Style Brittle; https://www.sharaysgsb.com … Peanut brittle made with more nuts and less brittle.
- Victoria Rakowski ’06, Treats by Torie LLC; www.treatsbytorie.com … Custom cookies, DIY cookie kits, holiday cookies, fudge, and caramel corn.
- Zain Ali ’15, IndiFix; www.indifix.com … An Indian snack subscription box that delivers India’s most loved snacks and treats straight to your doorstep.
Clothing, hats, shoes, blankets
- Bruce Wermuth ’80, Melicus Music Enterprises; https://www.melicusenterprisesinc.com/shop-melicus-tshirts … Melicus Music logo and slogan on 100% cotton T-shirts and premium Jerseys. Proceeds benefit Lalgadh Leprosy Hospital-Nepal.
- Emily Rohm ’01, www.rohm.etsy.com … Rompers, bespoke clothing, masks, and more.
- Spencer Tweedy ’19, Mirror Sound: A Look into the People and Processes Behind Self-Recorded Music; https://mirrorsoundbook.com … A photo book of DIY music-making.
- Kathleen Krull ’74, children’s books; www.kathleenkrull.com … Illustrated nonfiction books for young readers.
- Jonathan Reynolds ’96, Journal of Holistic Psychology, Volume II: Eros, Body, and Consciousness; www.journalofholisticpsychology.com/the-journal/volumes/volume-ii … An anthology of articles that support dialogue that advances holistic thought and application.
- Jessi Peterson ’94, Century Farm, a poetry chapbook; www.finishinglinepress.com/product/century-farm-by-jessi-peterson … Jessi’s work has appeared most recently in Crab Orchard Review, Wisconsin People and Ideas, and Sky Island Journal.
- Dorothy Staley ’63, Bear Woman Rising; https://www.amazon.com/Bear-Woman-Rising-Women-Journey/dp/0999541978 … The novel tracks the harrowing lives of two very different women, a data-driven scientist and a spiritual earth mother.
- Magdalena Waz ’11, Return on Investment; https://bookshop.org/books/return-on-investment/9780991149988 … A novel about the uneasy intersection of love and commerce.
Crafts, jewelry, beauty, antiques, other
- Ashley Heun ’14, The Plaid Cardinal; www.Etsy.com/shop/theplaidcardinal … Handmade items for pets and their humans.
- Elyse-Krista Mische ’11, Worry Birds; https://www.etsy.com/shop/WorryBirds … Handmade ceramic bird figurines to hold in your hand and alleviate your worries.
- Melanie Shefchik ’23. craftymelon20; https://instagram.com/craftymelon20?igshid=1cp3guwjsk1vi … Hand-made earrings for sale.
- Kyle Simon ’12, The Clear Cut; www.theclearcut.co … A DTC diamond jewelry company co-founded by Kyle.
- Ken Melchert ’73, The Harp Gallery; www.harpgallery.com … Antique and vintage furniture outlet.
- Jen Crowe ’07, Vaulted Gallery; www.vaultedgallery.com/shop-artists … Landscape photography, original paintings, jewelry, handwoven scarves, and more.
- Lissa Ballo ’15, LIIB https://society6.com/liib … Art prints and textiles.
- Brenna Decker ’14, Brenna Lynn Studio; www.brennalynnphoto.com … Hand-made and custom paper bead and wire tree jewelry, and photographic cards/prints.
- Emily Blair ’11, Mythatures; www.etsy.com/shop/Mythatures … Hand-sewn items and home décor, created with rescued scrap fabric.
- Chelsea Wagner ’07, Community Homestead; https://app.barn2door.com/e/QBGP5/all … Wooden puzzles, ceramics, cards, fabrics, rugs, felted figures, paintings, baked goods by adults with and without special needs.
- Jeanne Loehnis ’81, Songs for Your Spirit LLC; www.songsforyourspirit.com/purchase-cards … Personal life coaching without the coach. Sturdy 4×6 cards inspire out-of-the-box, magical thinking and deep reflection.
- Jennie Claver ’89, TalulaCrafts; https://www.etsy.com/shop/TalulaCrafts … Custom knit and crochet items.
- Katherine Duncan-Welke ’12, GoldenEyeDesign; www.etsy.com/listing/796482484/cute-cat-coloring-pages … Cute cat-themed coloring pages available as a digitally downloaded PDF file you can print.
All items on the holiday shopping guide were submitted by third party members of the Lawrence community. The entries are provided for general informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by Lawrence University of the linked site or its contents. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.