Once you are ready to confirm your enrollment to Lawrence, please review the below steps to begin your journey to Lawrence:
Log into your online portal, complete the enrollment form and send in your $400 tuition deposit. Payment is accepted by credit card, certified check, bank wire or Western Union.
Review your I-20 or DS-2019 to confirm that all information is correct. If you see any issues, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your student visa can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your arrival on campus. Please apply early as it can take months to get an appointment and process your application. General information about visas to the U.S. can be found at usvisas.state.gov.
All students applying for F-1 or J-1 U.S. student visas must pay a nonrefundable I-901 SEVIS fee before visiting the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa. Payment can be made online at fmjfee.com/I901fee or, if Western Union is available in your country, you may use these offices to pay in local currency. Visit ice.gov/sevis/I901/index.htm for detailed instructions.
You typically must bring the following items with you to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Please refer to your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate web page for information that may be specific to your country of residence.
- A SEVIS I-20 (or DS-2019 for exchange visitors) Certificate of Eligibility
- A receipt showing payment of the I-901 SEVIS fee
- A complete non-immigrant visa application form (DS-156) or complete the electronic form (DS-160). Verify which form your particular consulate or embassy accepts.
- Letter of admission from Lawrence University
- Originals and copies of relevant financial documents showing means of financial support for at least the first year of study in the U.S.
- Originals of your secondary school (and university, if applicable) records and examination results
- Originals of your TOEFL and/or SAT results
- One recent 3 cm by 3 cm photograph
- A passport valid for at least six months after your proposed date of entry into the U.S.
Note: Canadian citizens entering the U.S. from Canada do not need to obtain a student visa from the embassy or consulate. Visas are approved at the U.S./Canada border upon entry into the U.S. Students should bring all forms with them for approval by border officials. The I-901 SEVIS fee is still required.
You will receive access to the housing selection module in Voyager approximately five days after you submit your deposit.
Your school must send a final transcript through Naviance, the Common Application or directly from their office by mail, or you can bring an original copy directly to Lawrence. If you completed any Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or college coursework, those results must be sent as well.
You will need to visit your local doctor to complete these forms, available at go.lawrence.edu/1427.
For most new students, your first opportunity to register for fall courses will be in late June/early July in Voyager. More information will be sent to your @lawrence.edu email account in May.
Students are billed on a term-by-term basis. Term 1 fees (tuition, room and board, and student activity fees) will be posted to your Voyager account in late July. (Payment for Term 2 is due Dec. 15; payment for Term 3 is due March 15.)
International Orientation begins Sunday, Sept. 8. Please plan to arrive on campus Friday, Sept. 6 or Saturday, Sept. 7. More information will be sent to your @lawrence.edu email account in May.