- We strive to meet the psychological needs of students by providing a safe, supportive and confidential environment that promotes self-awareness, fosters responsibility and respect, and teaches effective coping strategies.
- We are strongly committed to improving the quality of life on campus and supporting the college’s academic mission.
- We value persons of diverse racial, national, or cultural backgrounds; sexual/affectional orientations; mental and physical abilities; languages; socio-economic classes; ages; genders; and religious/spiritual beliefs.
Why does Lawrence University have counseling services?
Lawrence University counseling is a safe, confidential space for all students. Currently 25% of students come to counseling services to discuss issues such as academic stress, relationship stress, anxiety, depression, sleep difficulties, concerns for their family, or merely wants a safe, confidential space to explore personal and interpersonal concerns.
What are the most common concerns of people who come to counseling?
Counselors can help students gain a greater understanding of themselves and teach effective ways to handle problems. Counselors specialize in areas such as:
• relationship issues
• anxiety and stress
• sleep issues
• academic concerns
• substance misuse/abuse
• cultural issues
• sexual identity
• LGBT resources
• gender identity
• procrastination and perfectionism
• loss and grief
• food and body image issues
• recovery from assault or abuse
• attention deficit disorders
• sexual assault
711 E Boldt Way SPC 3
Appleton, WI 54911