To apply to become an authorized driver for Lawrence owned, leased, or rented vehicles, or personal vehicles for the benefit of Lawrence University:
- Fill out the Driver Application form online.
- Read the Vehicle Use Policy (available online here).
- Students Only! Take the 30 minute online safety course and the subsequent quiz. To access the course:
- Go to https://www.lawrence.edu/info/services/facility-services/safety/links_for_safety
- Click on the “Lezage Training Center” link.
- Click the gray button that says “Click to enter the Lezage website.”
- Look in the leftmost column titled “Safety Courses.”
- Scroll down and click on “Defensive Driving – Noncommercial Vehicles.”
- The course will begin automatically. It has sound, so make sure you have the volume on your computer turned up. Follow the instructions on screen to submit your quiz results.
- Read the Authorized Driver Agreement (the introduction to the Driver Application form).
After your paperwork is processed, you will receive an e-mail either confirming or denying your status as an authorized driver. If you are confirmed as an authorized driver, you can begin driving on Lawrence related travel at any time.
To become an authorized driver for Lawrence trailers or the Campus Center shuttle bus, you’ll also need to schedule a ride-a-long with the Safety Department. To set up an appointment, e-mail email@example.com or call Facility Services at 920-832-6602.