To apply for need-based financial aid at Lawrence University, please complete the appropriate steps listed here. Use the links below to complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Click here to print this checklist (PDF).
- Available: October 1, 2017 (the sooner you file, the sooner after your admission we can send you an aid award)
- Website: http://student.collegeboard.org/profile
- Lawrence University's CSS PROFILE code: 1398
- Completion of the CSS PROFILE is required in order to be considered for Lawrence funded need-based aid
- The fee to complete the PROFILE is $25 (the fee for each additional college is $16). Some families may qualify for a fee waiver based on income.
- Available: October 1, 2017
- Website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Lawrence University's federal school code: 003856
- Completion of the FAFSA is required in order to be considered for the following federal student aid:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Work-Study
For Fall 2018 admission, submit a copy of your 2016 federal tax return.
Submit a copy of Pages 1 & 2 of IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ directly to the Lawrence Financial Aid Office AND
- If applicable:
- IRS Schedules A, C, E and/or F
- IRS Form 1065 (Partnership Income), 1120 (Corporation) and/or 1120S (S Corporation)
Options to submit documents.
2016 W-2 Forms are requested to correspond with your 2016 federal tax return and the information reported on the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE. Options to submit documents.
If your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married, your Custodial Parent is who you should complete the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE with
. Not sure who that is? This nifty chart should help.
- The Noncustodial PROFILE is to be completed by your parent who is not included on the FAFSA or CSS PROFILE.
- Website: https://ncprofile.collegeboard.com/
- Important: Your CSS PROFILE Registration Confirmation or Submittal Acknowledgement will contain information you will need to provide to your noncustodial parent so he or she can complete the Noncustodial PROFILE.
- Note: You will be given an opportunity when completing the CSS PROFILE to have the College Board notify your noncustodial parent directly by email. Please have your noncustodial parent's email address available at that time, as this is your only opportunity to have the College Board notify your parent on your behalf.
- Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver: In certain situations, Lawrence will consider waiving this requirement. Please complete the Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver Request (PDF).