Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for need-based financial aid at Lawrence University, please complete the appropriate steps listed here. Use the links below to complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
Tax documents should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office as soon as they are available. Documents can be emailed, faxed, or mailed.
Fall 2016 Financial Aid Checklist
- Available: October 1, 2015 (the sooner you file, the sooner after your admission we can send you an aid award)
- Priority filing date: February 1, 2016
- Website: http://student.collegeboard.org/profile
- Lawrence University's CSS PROFILE code: 1398
- Completion of the CSS PROFILE is required in order to be considered for Lawrence funded need-based aid
The fee to complete the PROFILE is $25 (the fee for each additional college is $16). Some families may qualify for a fee waiver based on income. Click here for more information about the automatic fee wavier.
To qualify for an automatic PROFILE fee waiver, a student must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. resident
- Dependent student for financial aid
- First-time, first-year applicant
- Have parental assets below $33,780 (home equity below $100,000 is excluded), and
- Report parent income within the USDA Reduced Price Income Guidelines by family size (below):
Family Size Income 2 $29,101 3 $36,612 4 $44,123 5 $51,634 6 $59,145 7 $66,656 8 $74,167
- Note: Lawrence does not receive documents through the College Board IDOC service. Tax documents should be emailed, faxed or mailed directly to the Financial Aid Office.
- Available: January 1, 2016
- Priority filing date: March 1, 2016
- Website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Lawrence University's federal school code: 003856
- For more help completing the FAFSA, please consult the U.S. Department of Education's Guide to Completing the FAFSA.
Completion of the FAFSA is required in order to be considered for the following federal student aid:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Work-Study
Yes, 2014. For Fall 2016 admission, submit a copy of your 2014 federal tax return.
- Submit a copy of Pages 1 & 2 of IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ directly to the Lawrence Financial Aid Office AND
- IRS Schedules A, C, E and/or F
- IRS Form 1065 (Partnership Income), 1120 (Corporation) and/or 1120S (S Corporation)
*NOTE: Lawrence does not receive documents through the College Board IDOC service. Tax documents should be emailed, faxed or mailed directly to the Financial Aid Office.
- Submit a copy of all 2014 W-2 Forms directly to the Lawrence Financial Aid Office by email, fax or mail.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married, this form is to be completed by the "noncustodial parent."
- Website: https://ncprofile.collegeboard.com/
- Important: Your CSS PROFILE Registration Confirmation or Submittal Acknowledgement will contain information you will need to provide to your noncustodial parent so he or she can complete the Noncustodial PROFILE.
- Note: You will be given an opportunity when completing the CSS PROFILE to have the College Board notify your noncustodial parent directly by email. Please have your noncustodial parent's email address available at that time, as this is your only opportunity to have the College Board notify your parent on your behalf.
- Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver - In certain situations, Lawrence will consider waiving this requirement. Please complete the Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver Request (PDF).