- Three foundational courses:
- EDST 180: Psychology of Learning
- EDST 350: Ethnicity, Cultural Diversity and Education
- And one (1) of the following:
- EDST 310: Ethics and Education
- EDST 315: Philosophy of Children
- Two (2) courses in education studies from among the following, at least one of which must be at the 400 level or above:
- EDST 309: Hollywood Goes to High School
- EDST 345: Distributed Cognition
- EDST 380: Engaging in Action Research
- EDST 400: The Environment, Community and Education
- EDST 440: Sociology of Education
- EDST 450: Topics in Education Studies (can be repeated as topics vary)
- EDST 545: Gesture Studies
An independent study (EDST 399/599) or academic internship (EDST 395/595) or either Developmental Psychology (PSYC 260/265) or Adolescent Psychology (PSYC 460).
Possible settings for internships include but are not limited to: public, private, or charter schools; school district offices; museum or arts organizations; other non-profit or community organizations; social services agencies; governmental bodies; policy or advocacy groups; and other approved sites. Students seeking teacher certification may also complete the Education Studies minor, but student teaching may not be used to fulfill the internship or independent study requirement, nor may the internship substitute for the classroom practicum hours required prior to student teaching.