The applications for LUCC's Presidential and Vice Presidential elections are now available in the Campus Life Office on the fourth floor of the Warch Campus Center. If you are considering candidacy, you are required to fill out all the necessary forms and submit them by Thursday, January 12, 2017.
Requirements for candidacy:
- To be a candidate for either President or Vice President, a student must fill out the Notice of Intent and the Signature Form, and turn these completed documents in to the LUCC Drop Box on the 4th floor of the Warch Campus Center by 11:59pm on Thursday, January 12th, 2017.
- Please email a 200 word statement and a photo (preferably a headshot) to email@example.com . Statements will be made public, and should address why you want to be LUCC President or Vice President and what your qualifications are.
- No campaigning is allowed until after successful completion and submission of these documents. All campaigning must follow the rules set forth in the enclosed Notice of Intent.
- Monday, October 31: Applications for those seeking to run become available in the Campus Life Office.
- Thursday, January 12: Nomination petitions are to be turned into the LUCC mailbox on the 4th floor of the Warch Campus Center
- Friday, January 13: Candidate statements will be posted on this site at 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 17: Election polls will open at 10:00a.m. Polling will be conducted during the entire day in the Warch Campus Center, with additional polling in the Conservatory and Alexander Gymnasium.
- Tuesday, January 17: Election polls will close at 8:00p.m.
- Ballots will be retained for three days following the election should a candidate request a recount.
- Monday, January 23: Election results will be announced and accepted at the LUCC General Council meeting.
There will be at least one scheduled candidate forum. The location and times for these forums are TBD. Candidates will give a short address outlining their platform and then answer questions from the audience, through the debate mediator.
To be a candidate for either President or Vice President, a student must fill out the Notice of Intent and the Signature Form, and turn these completed documents in to the LUCC Drop Box on the 4th floor of the Warch Campus Center by 11:59pm on Thursday, January 12th, 2017.
Funding Request Form
The funding request form should be used by students looking to request new or additional funds from the LUCC general fund, or by groups wanting to reallocate funds from their student organization's current budget.
Finance Committee meets on Thursday evenings starting at 8:00pm.
The funding request form must be submitted by 12pm on Wednesday to be considered for the next Finance Committee meeting agenda.
After you have submitted your request, you will be contacted by email to arrange a time to come to a Finance Committee meeting.
Recognition Request Form
The Recognition Request Form should be used students looking to create a new student organization on campus.
Steering Committee meets at 8:00pm on Tuesday evenings.
Recognition request forms must be submitted by 8:00pm on Monday to be considered for the next Steering Committee agenda.
After you have submitted your request you will be contacted by email to arrange a time to come to a Steering Committee meeting.