The Lawrence International Grant
The Lawrence International Grant is sponsored by LI and provides financial assistance for its members to participate in unique and valuable opportunities to learn, explore, and grow as individuals.
International students are often ineligible for federal funding, scholarships, grants and other opportunities. This is the motivation behind the establishment of this grant. However, this grant is open to all members of Lawrence International to go towards subsidizing costs associated with studying abroad, internships, research, etc. Note that this grant cannot be used to pay your Lawrence tuition.
- Be an active member of Lawrence International.
- Students must have successfully completed at least two terms at Lawrence University before the start of their proposed opportunity.
- Students who receive the grant must be available to give a presentation during the term following their opportunity.
Explanation of Award
In accordance with the purpose of the grant, awarded students will be held responsible to repay the grant if the requirements of the program are not satisfied.
Awarded students must complete the following requirements:
- Applicants may be called in for an interview during the review process.
- Attend a pre-orientation session and complete necessary paperwork.
- Compose a reflective paper, which addresses how your experience affected your intellectual or personal growth. The paper may be shared with a wider audience and will be due two weeks after the end of your project.
- Present a lecture, demonstration, showcase display, or an equivalent way to engage the Lawrence community about your experience.
- Provide official confirmation from the sponsoring organization or supervisor that you have completed the opportunity.
Please determine who will be your academic or professional recommender. Your recommender will be contacted and given the opportunity to complete a recommendation form or upload a letter of recommendation.
__Complete Application using webform below, to include:
__Opportunity Information Sheet
__Terms and Conditions
Please submit all above materials at the webform application below.
To be completed by the Financial Aid Office:
___Proof of financial need
Please note that a staff member will be consulting with the Financial Aid office to determine your eligibility for this grant.