- Update your résumé and cover letter
- Update your LinkedIn profile
- Identify two or three people who would be good references for you. When asking someone to be a reference, give them a copy of your résumé and a description of the job you are applying for so they can prepare for the reference call.
- Write out a specific job/internship search timeline that includes regularly scheduled time to work on your search.
- Keep track of your applications in an excel file or binder; the Staying Organized tracking sheet can be helpful. Include company contact information, position information, application requirements, application due date, date application was submitted, follow-up date, etc.