2015 General Seminar Information
- Seminar participants choose only one seminar for each week of attendance.
- Class sizes are limited. Early registration will help ensure participants get into the seminar they prefer.
- Registration is open to the general public - participants do not have to have a connection to Lawrence University in order to attend.
- Seminar participants may either reside at the estate or commute from the area. Houseguests who reside at the estate but do not participate in seminars are also welcome though first preference on housing is given to seminar participants.
- Participants may arrive for seminars after 4:00 p.m. on Sunday; seminars officially begin with dinner on Sunday evening. Instructors usually hold a “meet and greet” session with class participants after dinner on Sunday. Please plan accordingly.
- Classes usually meet weekday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to noon and some evenings, leaving the remaining time free. Instructors may offer optional afternoon or evening sessions and have the freedom to change the typical schedule if need be.
- Seminars end either Friday after lunch or Saturday after breakfast.
- Participants are invited to sample local cuisine on Wednesday evening, our chef’s night off; dinner will not be served at the lodge Wednesday evening. Please plan accordingly.
- Participants are responsible for acquiring any seminar texts and/or materials and for reading required class texts before the seminar begins. Some seminars require a materials fee. The necessary information can be found within each online seminar description and will also be sent to participants two months before the start date of their seminar. Please note that some seminar instructors may assign homework throughout the week.
- Björklunden staff may take photographs, video, audiotape and other images and sound-based media during courses and events and may use such media for educational, promotional, advertising and other purposes.
- Click here for directions to Björklunden.
New for 2015: Participants are responsible for bringing their own writing utensils, notebooks, folders and any other items that will aid in taking notes and organizing class materials. Björklunden will not provide these items.