March 24, 2020 - COVID-19 Update:
Following Governor Evers's "stay at home" order, the Academy will be closed through April 24. Auditions will be rescheduled. To those who requested an audition, you will receive an email update with further instructions in early April.
We are still accepting audition requests. Interested parties should fill out the form so we have your information on file. You may choose any time for the "audition time preference" section(s) as they will be rescheduled at a later date.
Girl Choir Auditions
The Girl Choir program welcomes approximately 300 singers to the choirs every year. Auditions are held each year in late spring. Due to the volume of requests, summer and mid-year auditions are not possible. We are unable to schedule additional audition times due to the limited times available in the audition site and the availability of our teacher-conductors.
- There is no cost to audition.
- Singers are asked to audition only if they are willing to make a commitment to the Girl Choir for the entire academic year.
- Please discuss, as a family, whether or not weekly Girl Choir rehearsals fit your schedule before requesting an audition. Choirs meet for rehearsal one day every week, September-December and January-March.
- Singers are expected to participate in a curricular (during the school day, for credit) performing musical ensemble when available; Girl Choir should not substitute for curricular music programs.
- Once your audition is scheduled, no changes will be allowed.
- Current students must turn in their uniform and music prior to their audition date.
- Audition results will be mailed out no later than mid-May. If you have not received your audition results by June, please contact the Academy office.
The Day of the Audition
- Please dress comfortably.
- If a singer has allergies or a slight cold, please come to the audition anyway. Unless she is feverish or experiencing nausea, plan to attend the audition. The teacher-conductors who hear the auditions can assess in most cases of congestion or illness.
- Parents are welcome to wait in the hallway outside the audition room and are respectfully asked not to look in the window or listen at the door.