The Cantabile curriculum reinforces rhythmic and melodic reading skills and explores a wide variety of music written for treble choirs. Cantabile performs multiple times per year as opportunities arise. Singers perform on both the fall and spring Girl Choir concerts and take a multi-day tour to another part of the country every other year. Fundraising opportunities are available to cover touring costs. Past trips have included performances at the 400th Anniversary of the Jamestown Colony in Virginia, participation in international children's choir festivals held in Washington and Michigan, performances with children's choir programs in Denver, and several trips to sing on the stage of Carnegie Hall in New York City.
Cantabile Tour Information
-- You will NOT need your Cantabile concert attire for this trip. That means you should be turning in your blouses to LAM NOW!
- Please have this music completely learned: "Allelujah," "Non Nobis Domine," and "The Parting Glass"
- The instructions Mrs. Lind has received from the festival chairperson is that our festival music should be "mildly learned." She takes that to mean that you should have notes and rhythms pretty well learned, and that our festival director, Joshua Pedde, will lead us through the process of making beautiful music.
- Please see the email sent for the recording link.
- Here is the "MapQuest" for "Alleluja"
- M. 9 A
- M. 17 A with Alto harmony
- M. 25 B -- Alto echo Soprano
- M. 37 C -- 2 times
- M. 49 D -- Slower -- Rhythm competition and Trumpets Call at M. 55
- M. 64 E -- 2 times, plus Trumpet Call at M. 77
- M. 95 A -- Alto/Sop, Call and Response (echo)
- M. 103 A with Alto harmony
- M. 111 Farewell Section 2 times
- M. 127 BIG FINISH!
- Look at "Non Nobis Domine." Your part will be the same part that you sing on "The Parting Glass."
- Start practicing your festival music.
-- Mrs. Lind wants to extend a special thank you to everyone in Cantabile for your spectacular performances on March 24, but also for your generous gifts (the flower bouquet, the Dr. Seuss book and the chocolate), and most of all for your heartfelt messages through letters and inside the book's cover. She is still basking in the firefly glow of it and is deeply moved by all of it.
- Tutti Raffle – please turn in your sold and unsold raffle tickets to the Academy office (100 West Water St., Appleton).
- Uniform Return - Cantabile blouse should be dry cleaned and returned to the Academy of Music office, 100 W. Water St. beginning Monday, March 26th. The office is open 8-5:00 p.m. weekdays. A blue bin located under the office window will be available from 5:00-9:00 p.m. for afterhours drop off. Please make sure to write your name on the tag provided.
- Click the button below to purchase Ensemble Concert CDs from 2017-2018.
- 2017-18 Calendar - Click the button below to download and print the yearly calendar for Cantabile. This calendar was updated on 2/20/18