How is the Academy affiliated with the university?
The Academy is a division of the Lawrence Conservatory of Music. We offer musical instruction to all ages and interest levels. We also serve as a laboratory school for Conservatory students, and offer preparatory experiences for high school students interested in conservatory training.
Why should I study music at the Academy?
Academy teachers have extensive training in pedagogy as well as performance experience. Approximately three-quarters of our teachers hold masters or doctoral degrees; two-thirds of our teachers have taught in the Academy for more than 10 years. Guest teaching artists augment Academy instruction with master classes and recitals. Academy programs are available to everyone at every age and level of experience, not just those interested in a career or college major in music.
What are the ages of your students?
When do you register new students for private lessons?
New students may register for private instruction at any time during the year. Placement will depend upon teacher availability. Tuition for private lessons is prorated when not beginning at the start of a semester. If no teacher is available, you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when an opening occurs.
What instruments do you provide private lessons for?
We offer private lessons on:
|string bass||classical guitar||harp|
|French horn||trumpet||baritone horn|
Does the Academy offer summer private lessons?
Summer lessons are based upon teacher availability. They must be pre-paid through the Academy office and scheduled with the individual studio teacher. There are no refunds.
How much are lessons with your teacher?
I am interested in an ensemble, what do you have to offer?
Which ensembles require auditions?
- Wind Ensemble- Auditions are held in the spring each year. Fill out our interest form to receive information as the date gets closer. Visit the Wind Ensemble page for general information.
- ASTRO- Auditions are held in the spring each year. Fill out our interest form to receive information as the date gets closer. Visit the ASTRO page for general information.
- Girl Choir- Auditions are held in the spring each year. Fill out our interest form to receive information as the date gets closer. Visit the Girl Choir page for general information, and for links to each choir's page.
- Young Men's Chorus - Auditions are held in the spring each year. Fill out our interest form to receive information as the date gets closer. Visit the Young Men's Chorus page for general information.
- Chamber Ensembles- Individual audition upon request
What other programs are offered at the Academy?
What if I can't afford the tuition?
Is there a registration fee at the Academy?
Yes, there is an annual registration fee of $15.00 per student. This fee covers all registrations for that student, including private lessons, ensembles and classes