911 – connection to immediate medical help and law enforcement
988 – connection to immediate mental health help
800-656-4673 - National Sexual Assault Hotline RAINN
800-799-7233 - National Domestic Violence Hotline
On Campus Resoruces
NOT Responsible Employees/mandated reporters
Wellness Services firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-832-6574, Buchanan Kiewit Wellness Center,
- Counseling and medical staff available 8-12 and 1-4:30 pm: Call 920-832-6574 to schedule an appointment. Same-day appointments are available for urgent needs.
- LU Counseling Line (24/7 access): 920-419-8167
Deans of Spiritual & Religious Life: email@example.com 920-832-7167; 739 East Alton Street, 8-5, Mon-Fri
- Rev. Linda Morgan-Clement: 920-832-6673,
- Rev. Terra Winston-Sage: 920-832-6947,
Advocate via Reach Counseling and Advocacy: 920-733-8119
NON-CONFIDENTIAL REPORTING RESOURCES:
Responsible Employees/Mandated Reporters
Campus Safety https://www.lawrence.edu/offices/campus-services/campus-safety-services, 920-832-9666
Dean of Students https://www.lawrence.edu/offices/student-life/dean-students, Raymond House
Equity & Title IX Office https://www.lawrence.edu/offices/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/title-ix, 920-832-7496, Brokaw 93
Housing & Residential Education https://www.lawrence.edu/life-lawrence/about-residential-education, 920-832-6600, Raymond House
Human Resources https://www7.lawrence.edu/info/offices/human_resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, Brokaw Hall
Officials with Authority https://www.lawrence.edu/offices/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/title-ix/submit-report, multiple listed in policy
OTHER SOURCES OF SUPPORT OR INFORMATION:
LU Office of Academic Advising & Support https://www.lawrence.edu/academics/advising-support
LU Office of International Student Services: email@example.com, 920-832-6509, International House
LU Office of Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-832-6583, Chapman Hall
Off Campus Resources
Appleton Police Department https://www.appleton.org/residents/police, 911 or 920-832-5500 (non-emergency line)
Door County Sheriff's Office https://www.co.door.wi.gov/Directory.aspx?did=34, 911 or 920-746-2400 (non-emergency line)
Outagamie Sheriff’s Office https://www.outagamie.org/government/departments-n-z/sheriff, 911 or 920-832-5000 (non-emergency line)
CAP Services https://capservices.org/what-we-do/health-wellness-safety/fcc/, 920-968-6365 821 E 1sr Ave, Suite 3, Appleton, WI 54911
- CAP Services’ Family Crisis Center (FCC) provides assistance to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, and to youth in crisis and their families, through a host of free and confidential programs. Remember that violence or crisis in life can happen to anyone, so you are not alone. The staff of the FCC welcome the opportunity to serve individuals of all backgrounds and identities.
Legal Action of Wisconsin https://www.legalaction.org/contact-us/oshkosh-area-office, 855-947-2529, 300 Ohio St, Oshkosh, WI 54902
- As the state’s largest non-profit law firm providing free civil legal services, we are a driving force making meaningful change in thousands of lives by ensuring the civil legal system works for everyone.
- Our clients come from every racial, ethnic, and age group, and live in rural, suburban, and urban areas. Rarely do they face just a single problem. We believe everyone deserves to be treated with fairness and respect. At Legal Action of Wisconsin, we give clients a legal voice, a choice, and a say. We’re your firm, on your side, in your corner. We listen, we respond, and we do what we say we will do. We help clients protect their families, health and safety, housing, and livelihoods.
Lift Wisconsin https://www.liftwisconsin.org/, 608-305-4829, PO Box 259824 Madison, WI 53725
- The mission of LIFT Wisconsin is to provide efficient, technology-driven legal assistance to clear civil legal barriers to economic prosperity for Wisconsin families, to transform legal and court systems to prevent economic drags, and to contribute to national reform movements to improve access to civil legal justice.
Protection Orders & Documentation Outside of Lawrence:
Clerk of Circuit Court https://www.outagamie.org/government/departments-a-e/clerk-of-circuit-courts, 920-832-5131, 320 S Walnut St Appleton, WI 54911
Wisconsin Court System Services for the Public https://www.wicourts.gov/services/public/selfhelp/restord.htm
- The forms assistant can assist you in electronically filling out a petition for restraining order for domestic abuse or harassment. You will be asked a series of questions in an interview, and your answers will automatically be entered on the restraining order petition, also known as a petition for injunction/temporary restraining order. A confidential address information sheet will also be generated; this form must be filed with the petition.
Harbor House Domestic Abuse https://www.harborhousewi.org/; 920-832-1666, 720 W 5th St, Appleton, WI 54914
- The mission of Harbor House is to serve all people impacted by domestic and sexual violence, lead the shift in perception of violence, and advocate for lasting social change.
Reach Counseling & Advocacy https://reachcounseling.com/; 920-722-8150, 1509 S Commercial St, Neenah, WI 54956
- Reach Counseling is a sexual assault service provider for children and adults that offers culturally responsive outreach, prevention education, victim advocacy, trauma counseling, and sex offender treatment. As an anti-violence agency, we strive to heal lives and transform communities.
Room to Be Safe: Diverse and Resilient https://www.roomtobesafe.org/contact-us/; 414-856-5428, 408 ½ W Wisconsin Ave, Appleton, WI 54911
- Diverse & Resilient’s Room to Be Safe Anti-violence Program serves LGBTQ survivors of violence (intimate partner, sexual, hate violence, bullying, as well as religious, police and state sanctioned violence) throughout Wisconsin.
Theda Care: Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE Exam), 920-454-2169, 1818 N. Meade St, Appleton, WI 54911
- ThedaCare Sane Program provides comprehensive, compassionate care in a safe environment. Located within ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton Emergency Department, the SANE Program provides care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Most or all SANE Exam costs are covered by state funds.
- ThedaCare SANE Brochure (PDF)
County Resources (Emotional Health/Substance Abuse):
Iris Place Peer Warm Line https://www.namifoxvalley.org/iris-place/; 920-815-3217
- Peer support for individuals experiencing emotional distress related to mental health and/or substance use. The Peer Run Respite program offers a short-term stay in a healing and supportive environment.
Outagamie County Crisis Line 920-832-4646
- Crisis support and information for individuals experiencing distress related to mental health and/or substance use.
State & National Resources:
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin https://www.endabusewi.org/, 608-255-0539, 1400 E. Washington Ave, Suite 227, Madison WI 53703
- For advocates, survivors, & allies, End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin (End Abuse) is the only statewide coalition led by social policy advocates, attorneys, & experts working to support, connect, equip, empower, & lead social change organizations to end domestic abuse – because everyone deserves dignity & safety.
Emergency Support 911
National Center for Victims of Crime https://victimsofcrime.org/, 202-467-8700
- The mission of the National Center for Victims of Crime is to forge a national commitment to help victims of crime rebuild their lives. We are dedicated to serving individuals, families, and communities harmed by crime.
National Domestic Violence Hotline https://www.thehotline.org/, 800-799-7233
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, the National Domestic Violence Hotline provides essential tools and support to help survivors of domestic violence so they can live their lives free of abuse.
- Contacts to The Hotline can expect highly-trained, expert advocates to offer free, confidential, and compassionate support, crisis intervention information, education, and referral services in over 200 languages.
National Sexual Assault Hotline RAINN https://www.rainn.org/, 800-656-4673
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE, online.rainn.org y rainn.org/es) in partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers across the country and operates the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense. RAINN also carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help survivors, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.
National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline 988
- In 2020, Congress designated the new 988 dialing code to be operated through the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. SAMHSA sees 988 as a first step towards a transformed crisis care system in America.
Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault https://www.wcasa.org/, 608-257-1516, 2801 W Beltline HWY, Suite 102, Madison, WI 53713
- WCASA is a statewide coalition and membership agency, dedicated to providing support and complimenting the work of Wisconsin sexual assault service provider (SASP) agencies, that are working to end sexual violence and offer support, advocacy and information to its victims of sexual assault and their families.
Wisconsin Department of Children and Families https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/cps/report abuse, Outagamie County 920-832-5161, 320 S Walnut St, Appleton, WI 54911
Looking to support the advancement of an equitable and safe campus?
To become involved in educational initiatives and create a more inclusive and safe Lawrence University? Check out SHARE and SAASHA.
Sexual Harassment and Assault Resources & Education (SHARE): https://www.lawrence.edu/students/share
- The committee is made up of faculty, staff, and students. Meetings are held every two weeks during the term. If you are interested in joining the SHARE committee please send an email to email@example.com.
Student Alliance Against Sexual Harassment & Assault (SAASHA): https://www.lawrence.edu/students/share/available-support/get-involved/student-groups/saasha
- A LUCC student committee supporting education and connection between LU students.