See LU Works for detailed descriptions of these positions
To apply, please fill out the webform at this page and select circulation shelving or circulation desk as the position preference.
Interlibrary Loan Student Assistant
• Retrieves a variety of library materials from stacks.
• Scans and copies articles from bound journals. Uses ILL software to upload and send files.
• Packs material for shipping or courier as appropriate.
• Accurately maintains records and files paperwork.
• Processes incoming material for borrowers’ use.
• Processes and ships materials for return to lending libraries.
• Uses ILL software to process requests and send notifications to patrons.
Necessary Skills and Expectations:
• Must work weekly assigned hours as scheduled (must have 10 hours/week availability Tuesday – Friday)
• Attention to detail is imperative.
• Student is expected to learn various lending procedures and policies as well as the Library of Congress classification system.
• Must be able to work with limited supervision, consulting with interlibrary loan supervisor when questions arise.
To apply, please fill out the webform at this page and indicate interlibrary loan as the position preference.
Archives Student Assistant
Hours: 6 during the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Pay: $7.25 per hour
Job description: Archives student assistants support the work of the LU Archives, which is to promote understanding of Lawrence history through collecting, preserving, and making accessible materials that document this history. See the Archives student assistant webform for job responsibilities and to apply.