Technology Services provides an electronic mailing (distribution) list for student organizations on LU’s email server. These lists are automatically generated. Refer to Voyager-General Student Information- Organization Rosters for your list name. Questions can be directed to Assistant Dean of Students for Campus Life.
To view the name of your organization email list:
- Go to Voyager-General Student Information-Organization Rosters and select your organization from the drop down menu.
- The first page after selecting your organization from the drop down menu will contain a section titled “Email List.” The list name will begin with “SORG_”.
To use your electronic mailing list:
- Open Lawrence’s webmail and type the email list name into the “To” field. Using this mailing list will send an email from your account to all individuals on the organization’s roster. If someone responds to the mailing list, the email will go to just the individual who sent the email. Emails sent through this mailing list should be relevant to your organization’s mission statement.
To manage your list: (add/remove individuals)
- To add individuals to the mailing list, the contact of a student organization must add the person to the organization’s roster. Note, allow one full day for changes in contacts or additions/deletions to the roster to happen before attempting to send an email.
- Once this mailing list has been confirmed to have been created by IT, open and login to WebMail from any browser EXCEPT Chrome.
- Click on the gear symbol next to your user picture (top right corner)
- Choose Mail from bottom section
- Select General from left edge
- Select Distribution groups from left edge
- Locate your organization's list under 'distribution groups I own'
- Double-click on list name
- A popup window appears. Click on Membership from left edge of pop-up.
- Click + or - sign to add or remove names.
- Click Save when finished.
Note: If your organization has a core of active members who are on the roster and a large number of students who only attend events or go on trips, the organization can apply for a second mailing list that is maintained by the group contacts by seeing the Assistant Dean of Students for Campus Life in the Campus Life Office.