Registration on the Lawrence University Network is necessary in order to access the Internet, printers and shared document folders across campus. Follow this guide sequentially to successfully register your personal computer. If you need assistance, please contact the Helpdesk.
STEP 1: Wireless Connection
Lawrence provides the LUwireless network in all residence halls and academic buildings, as well as many other places on campus. Other wireless access points are NOT permitted on the Lawrence network as they can interfere with the Lawrence wireless network.
- If Wireless is not already on, turn on the built-in wireless adapter/AirPort by clicking the AirPort icon in the upper right corner of the screen and selecting Turn WiFi/AirPort On.
- Select the LUwireless network from the same WiFi/Airport menu.
- Authenticate using your Lawrence username and password. Click OK.
- Verify the certificate and click Continue. Your wireless connection should now be complete.
Note: If you are not automatically connecting to the wireless network, turn off the Airport and then turn it back on.
STEP 2: UPDATE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM
All computers must have current operating system software in order to register on the LU Network. Please follow these steps to ensure your operating system has the latest software updates. (Note: Although you will not have access to most of the Internet until your computer is registered, you WILL have access to operating system updates.)
- Click Apple – About this Mac.
- Click Software Update. Wait while Apple checks for updates for your computer.
- Run available updates.
STEP 3: UPDATE OR INSTALL ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
Technology Services strongly encourages anti-virus software on Apple computers but do not require it. If you currently do not have antivirus software, LU recommends Sophos antivirus, which is free to use. Instructions can be found by clicking here. Be sure to read each step carefully before continuing the installation process.
STEP 4: NETWORK REGISTRATION
- From Desktop open an internet Browser such as Safari.
- A security page should appear (if it doesn't try going to a website such as cnn.com). Click Continue to this Website (Not Recommended). If using Firefox/Chrome, click ADD an Exception. Click Get certificate. Click Confirm Security exception.
- A Lawrence University Network Device Registration page will appear. After you have read the Acceptable Use Policy click Agree to continue.
- Select the link "student personal device registration".
- Enter your Username and Password, Select appropriate device for the type of connection and click Download.
- Go to your Downloads folder and run the Bradford_Dissolvable_Agent
- A Windows User Account Control prompt will appear. Click Yes.
Your computer will be scanned for required software by the Bradford agent. Once the scan is complete, either a success/failure page will appear. If a failure page appears, read the message carefully. It will tell you either your Operating System has more updates or your antivirus has more updates.Note: If your computer did NOT come with the Microsoft Office, use the link provided below to download Microsoft Office Suite.