Gaming consoles (eg. Xbox, Playstation, Wii) and streaming media players (eg. Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, smart TVs, most Blu-ray players) may only be registered for use on the wired network. If you have such a device which is wireless-connected only, you will not be able to use it on our network.
Note: You may need a minihub if you will be connecting more than one device to the wired network. Minihubs are available for checkout from the Technology Services Helpdesk, Library 201.
Students can register up to TWO of these types of devices on the campus network. All devices must be registered via "WIRED" connection. A wireless connection will not work.
- Plug your gaming console into the network and turn it on.
- From a computer on the student network (not a Lawrence-owned lab computer), access the following link: Register my game console
Follow the instructions on the registration pages
- Enter your username and network password
- Enter your MAC address (eg. 00:00:00:00:00:00) of your game device. This can be found in the system/network setup of your gaming device.
- Select the type of game device.
- Click Register.
Note: The following devices must be brought to the Helpdesk to be manually registered. When you bring your device, also bring your power cable and one remote control or controller.
- Wii (note, you will need a USB to Ethernet cable to connect this type of device to the network)
- Streaming Media devices (Blue Ray player, Apple TV, Google TV, Roku device, etc.)