Connecting to the LU network and Printers
LU provides secure wireless access to the campus data network throughout the campus.
- Students' devices and Lawrence owned devices connect to the LUwireless network. Students - you may also connect via "wired" from your residence hall room if you prefer. Click here for connection instructions.
- Guests connect to the LUguest network but must request access via the Guest Wireless Access Form.
NOTE 1: If your computer is not already registered with Technology Services you will be redirected to our registration page automatically.
NOTE 2: Personal wireless access points are NOT permitted on the Lawrence network as they can interfere with the Lawrence wireless network. To ensure the proper functioning of the Lawrence wireless network, Technology Services will work to find and remove any sources of wireless interference.
Technology Services has created step-by-step instructions to walk you through the configuration process for connecting to the network, setting up a printer, and accessing your network spaces. Please read these important notes before you begin:
- Select the appropriate registration guide below, based on your operating system.
- Follow the instructions in the order they are presented in the guide.
- The majority of computers can register on the Lawrence University Network without difficulty. To check if your computer is capable of network registration, verify that it meets our network hardware requirements.
- Once you have successfully completed the Lawrence University Network Registration process, you can then register any game console you may have brought to campus (See Additional Instructions below).
Below are configuration guides for connecting to the Network, using the Campus Printers and accessing your Network Spaces.
- STUDENT: Windows 10
- STUDENT: Windows 8 / 8.1
- STUDENT: Windows 8 Touch
- STUDENT: Windows Vista and Windows 7
- STUDENT: Macintosh OS X
- STUDENT: Connecting your Game/Streaming Media Devices
- STUDENT: Connecting your mobile device to the wireless network
- STUDENT: Add email to your mobile device
- FACULTY / STAFF: Network registration guide