Diversity and Inclusion Champion Awards
Each year, we recognize individuals who have demonstrated exemplary achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Promoting intergroup, cross cultural understanding
- Fostering the academic and personal success of groups that have been underserved and underrepresented in higher education
- Creating a campus climate that encourages and supports the expression of diverse perspectives and ways of being
- Helping to prevent harassment, bullying and illegal discrimination
- Contributing to efforts that foster greater diversity among Lawrence students, faculty and staff
Please join us for good food, great music, and marvelous conversation during the third annual Diversity and Inclusion Champions Award Ceremony on Thursday, May 30, from 4 until 6 p.m. in the Warch Campus Center’s Somerset Room (324).
Help us honor the impressive ways in which nominees and award recipients utilized their personal power and talents to assist the university’s efforts to achieve inclusive excellence.
You will also hear about the ways that, as a community, we have moved closer to becoming the inclusive campus we strive to be. Be prepared to leave inspired, encouraged, and motivated to build on this important work.
We hope you will make time to celebrate with us!