Curricular and co-curricular programs are reviewed by senior administration on a three-year cycle. Departments or programs scheduled for review submit a triennial report using an online webform. In the intervening years, the chair or director submits an annual update to the Provost's Office.
Internal Review Cycle
Departments and programs are reviewed internally on the cycle shown below.
|2017, 2020, 2023...||2018, 2021, 2024...||2019, 2022, 2025...|
Natural Sciences & Math
When a department or program is scheduled for review, the chair or director submits a triennial report using the online webform at:
The webform contains the following system-generated data reports:
- Enrollment Data
- Demographic Data
- Senior Experience List
- GER Course List
- FRST Faculty List
- Interdisciplinary Courses
- Faculty List
- Courses Taught by Department Faculty
- Faculty Accomplishments
The chair or director uploads the following:
- A narrative on the state of the department/program and its future direction, prepared with input from colleagues;
- A budget report (from an administrative assistant), equipment planning form (if applicable), and library holdings report (from Jill Thomas, Director of Technical Services in Mudd Library);
- An updated curriculum map for the major.
Reports are due June 30 for review during the summer.
In years when a department or program is not scheduled for review, the chair or director submits a brief annual update responding to questions from the Provost's Office. In addition to asking about changes or new happenings in the department or program, recent questions have asked about assessing student learning and enhancing diversity and inclusion.
When preparing annual updates, chairs or directors may find it helpful to review the data reports in the triennial reporting system above and to discuss these reports with department or program faculty.
Updates should be emailed to the Associate Dean of the Faculty (email@example.com) by June 30.