The resources below provide useful definitions, advice, and examples for faculty members working on assessment projects.
- Glossary of Assessment Terms - a peek into assessment terminology
- Nine Principles of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning - info from the American Association for Higher Education
- Student Learning Outcomes - how to define outcomes for your department or program
- Curriculum Maps - what they are and why you need one
- Direct and Indirect Measures - the difference and why it matters
- Using Scoring Rubrics [pdf] - what they are and how to use them (from Cal State University, Fresno)