Alumni are encouraged to use their life and work experiences to assist current students and other alumni with career exploration and networking. No special training is required—just a willingness to share your experiences with others interested in your career field, graduate school field of study, or geographic area.
Some of the ways alumni can assist Career Services are listed below.
- Participate in on-campus events through the Lawrence Scholars program
- Identify and post full- and part-time employment opportunities and internships through LUWorks
- Identify employers to participate in outreach activities (e.g., site visits, mock interviews, recruiting visits, and on-campus and regional career fairs)
- Host a Think Globally, Explore Locally site visit (e.g., a tour of organization, panel, etc.)
- Provide graduate/professional school advice to students and alumni
- Participate in an interview to be used in a Career Services podcast
- Serve as a career mentor to a student.