Alumni Ambassadors are an important part of the admissions process. You can share your Lawrence University pride by helping recruit future Lawrentians near and far. Alumni bring excitement and vitality to the college search process, relating first-hand experiences and sharing their enthusiasm for Lawrence. There are several ways to get involved as an Alumni Ambassador:
Interview Prospective Students (Time Commitment: Interview approx. 1 hour; Set-up time and reporting approx. 1 hour)
Alumni Ambassadors have the opportunity to enhance the prospective student experience and support the Admissions Office in gathering more insight about each applicant. This conversation provides the students with another connection to LU and gives the Admissions Office more information about each applicant as they determine who is well-matched and ready to take advantage of the Lawrence experience. This is a small time committment with a large return for you, the student, and the Admissions Office... and it's FUN!
To become an interviewer, we just need you to do a few things:
1. Sign-up as an Alumni Ambassador
2. Register for a training opportunity (brief 30-45 minute training sessions will be available at upcoming events and via online webinars in the fall!)
3. Once you've completed your training, you'll have everything you need to get started!
Represent Lawrence at College Fairs (Time Commitment: Approx. 2-4 hours)
Lawrence receives many invitations to college fairs each year, some of which staff members are unable to attend. Alumni representation at these fairs helps Lawrence reach a greater number of prospective students. During the 2013-14 academic year, 177 alumni volunteered to staff 130 college fairs across the country. Spring Fair information coming soon!
Other Opportunities to Support Lawrence Admissions
- Put a Lawrence decal on your car
- Wear Lawrence apparel
- Use a Lawrence mug at work
- Refer a Student
- Encourage co-workers and friends who have college-bound children to look at Lawrence
- Adopt a high school in your area
- Bring prospective students to campus
- Attend or host Lawrence events in your area
- Connect with students who share your academic interest area or zip code via email
- Talk about Lawrence