We recognize that in-person interviews aren't always possible. Perhaps you won't be able to visit campus for several months, or maybe you'll miss interviewing with an admissions counselor in your area because of a test/game/concert/family-function. Whatever the reason, don't let it preclude you from learning more about Lawrence University and allowing us to learn more about you.
Helpful Hints on Phone Interview Etiquette
- When you register, please provide the phone number where you would like to be reached.
- A phone appointment is still an appointment--please be ready when we call (or let us know ahead of time if you need to reschedule).
- Please find a quiet place to interview--we can hear more than you imagine (e.g., pets, siblings, TV in the next room).
- Please give the interview your full attention--give your homework and phone apps a break until the interview is over. Even though we can't see you, we can tell when we don't have your attention.
- Even though this is a phone interview, it is still an interview--be prepared to answer the same questions we would ask you in person, and please be prepared with your own questions (if you have any).
Helpful Hints on Skype Interview Etiquette
- When you register, please provide your Skype username.
- A Skype appointment is still an appointment--please be ready and available when we Skype you (or let us know ahead of time if you need to reschedule).
- Please find a quiet place to interview--we can hear more than you imagine, even over Skype (ex. loved ones providing suggestions, TV in the next room, etc.)
- Please ensure your device is stabilized when Skyping. Computers, iPads, cell phones, etc., are difficult to stabilize if you are holding it them your hands. Please use a stand or other device to ensure that we don't get motion sickness while speaking with you.
- Please place the computer on a desk or table and take time to make sure the camera angle is appropriate and flattering. (No need to bring in professional to handle lights and makeup. Come as you are, but having said that...
- ...please dress appropriately--formal wear not required; just remember that we can see you.