We recognize that in-person interviews aren't always possible. Perhaps you won't be able to visit campus for several months, or maybe you'll miss interviewing with an admissions counselor in your area because of a test/game/concert/family-function. Whatever the reason, don't let it preclude you from learning more about Lawrence University and allowing us to learn more about you.
Helpful Hints on Phone Interview Etiquette
- When you register, please provide the phone number where you would like to be reached.
- A phone appointment is still an appointment--please be ready when we call (or let us know ahead of time if you need to reschedule).
- Please find a quiet place to interview--we can hear more than you imagine (ex. dogs, younger siblings, Ice Road Truckers on the TV in the next room).
- Please give the interview your full attention--give your homework and Candy Crush Saga a break until the interview is over. Even though we can't see you, we can tell when we don't have your attention.
- Even though this is a phone interview, it is still an interview--be prepared to answer the same questions we would ask you in person, and please be prepared with your own questions (if you have any).
Helpful Hints on Skype Interview Etiquette
- When you register, please provide your Skype username.
- A Skype appointment is still an appointment--please be ready when we Skype you (or let us know ahead of time if you need to reschedule).
- Please find a quiet place to interview--we can hear more than you imagine, even over Skype (ex. parents providing suggestions, Final Four basketball game on TV in the next room).
- Please use a computer or iPad on a stand to Skype. Using your cell phone gives us a limited view of you, and is difficult to stabilize if you are holding it in your hands.
- Please place the computer on a desk or table and take time to make sure the camera angle is appropriate and flattering.
- Please dress appropriately (which doesn't mean formally)--after all, this is video. We can see you.