Lawrence enrolls students who have challenged themselves in high school/secondary school, who express themselves well both orally and in writing, and who are imaginative, energetic, and willing to become active members of a learning community. Financial aid is available to international students at Lawrence. However, applicants are most competitive for admission if they can contribute $20,000 USD per academic year toward the cost of attendance. The total cost of attendance includes tuition, room, board, fees, books, and travel.
|Early Action I||November 1|
|Early Action II||December 1|
|Regular Decision||January 15|
If you are applying for financial aid and/or scholarships, you must apply for financial aid/scholarships at the time of admission.
Priority consideration is given to those who complete their application and financial aid forms by January 15. We will continue to accept applications, however, as long as there are openings in the class.
International Scholarships and Financial Aid
Lawrence is committed to assisting international students financially, but funding is limited. Applicants are most competitive for admission if they can contribute $20,000 USD per academic year toward the cost of attendance. Scholarships vary in amounts from $5,000-$38,000 USD per year you are attending Lawrence University. Once you have been awarded your scholarship, you cannot lose it.
Last year, the average scholarship for international students was approximately $19,000 USD. The average financial aid award (which includes scholarships and employment), was approximately $22,000 USD.
You must apply for scholarships and/or financial aid alongside your application for admission.
Types of International Aid
Merit-based scholarships range between $5,000-$22,000 USD per year at Lawrence University. Merit-based scholarships are awarded to applicants who demonstrate high academic achievement.
Need-based grants (scholarships):
Need-based grants are scholarships awarded based on demonstrated financial need. Grants range between $5,000-$38,000 USD per year at Lawrence University."
All international students must complete the appropriate steps below at the time of application.
- Within 24 hours of submitting your application for admission, you will receive an "Application Celebration" email with login and password information for your online application status portal. When logging in, the financial aid/certification of finance form will be available on your application checklist. You must complete the financial aid forms no later than five days after the application deadline.
- All international applicants must complete this form, regardless of their interest in applying for financial aid.
2. Provide supporting financial documents (can be uploaded to your financial aid/certification of finance form)
- A bank statement signed by a bank official showing available funds
- A letter or other documentation from an employer verifying income
- Letter of financial support from sponsor program or loan agency
- Any combination of the above. (If you have further documentation beyond any of these which may help us make a proper assessment, we welcome the opportunity to review it.)
We accept attested (copied and notarized) and/or faxed copies of financial documents. However, if you are admitted, we require that you mail us the original document(s) as well as an English translation. We reserve the right to request all originals at any stage in the admissions process.
You may email documents to email@example.com.
When admission is granted, the admissions office will issue a letter of acceptance and related admissions information, including SEVIS ID number for your I-20 (Certification of Eligibility) form or a DS-2019 (for J-1 exchange students and scholars). The student should: (1) pay the $200 SEVIS fee, (2) make an appointment with the nearest US Consulate, (3) take the admission letter, the I-20 (or DS-2019) for J-1 students), a valid passport, and proof of financial support to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate for an F-1 (student) visa (or J-1 visa for exchange students).
Undocumented students are awarded financial aid in similar fashion to US citizens in regard to Lawrence University scholarships and grants. If this applies to you, please submit the following:
- The CSS Profile: Lawrence University's CSS PROFILE code: 1398
- Parent 2014 tax return and Parent W-2 Form (if applicable) : Note: Lawrence does not receive documents through the College Board IDOC service. Tax documents should be emailed, faxed or mailed directly to the Financial Aid Office.
Standardized test scores
If your first language is English, you are welcome but not required to submit your ACT or SAT results.
If you have been in the United States, and have enrolled in an academic program in which your instruction has been entirely in English for more than eight years, you are welcome but not required to submit your standardized test results.
If you have been in the United States, and have enrolled in an academic program in which your instruction has been entirely in English for less than eight years, please submit one of the following: TOEFL, ACT, SAT, IELTS or A level scores.
For further information please contact:
Director of International Admissions and Recruiting
Assistant Director of Admissions
International Recruitment Supervisor/Admissions Intern