Click HERE to open PR Drive Poster.pdf
Almost four weeks after Hurricane Maria barreled through Puerto Rico, the island and its people continue to be subsumed in misery and desperation:
• more than 85% of Puerto Ricans do not have electricity;
• approximately 40% do not have running water; those who do cannot drink it as that water is contaminated;
• many lack access to food, medication, and fuel due to island-wide shortages;
• approximately 50% have no access to communications;
• many are experiencing health crises as hospitals are unable to provide effective care.
Many logistical challenges have prevented aid (e.g. clean water, food, and medicine) from getting into the hands of Puerto Ricans. In response to this challenge, three student organizations–Lawrence International, ¡VIVA!, and Alianza—and the Spanish Department formed a coalition and identified four island-based grassroots organizations that are effectively and efficiently delivering aid to those who need it most. We are now asking for your help in supporting these organizations.
Please click on and download the poster PDF at the top of this page. If you would like to support one or more of these organizations, follow the “click here” prompts directly next to the organization name. The links lead to sites that will enable you to send aid or make a donation. Clicking on the names of the organizations to the left, will provide more information on each of the organizations on the list.
We hope you are able to join us in sending relief aid to our fellow U.S. citizens, and we also invite you to share this poster with your friends, family and colleagues.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Thank you all for your generosity,