Spanish at Lawrence
An interdisciplinary and global curriculum
Learning, connecting and engaging outside the classroom
- Off-campus programs in Spain and Latin America
- Björklunden Immersion weekend
- Spanish language Table twice a week
- Internships for academic credit
- Engaged learning opportunities and collaborations with international organizations
- Latin American and Spanish Film Festival
- Latin American Studies Week
- Talks by national and international guest speakers
Success after Lawrence
Lawrentians who graduate with a major or minor in Spanish are well positioned to pursue a variety of successful careers in the public and private sectors. Many of them go on to earn graduate and professional degrees in different fields. Spanish students and alumns also receive frequent recognition in the form of Fulbright scholarships and other competitive awards.
VIVA and Alianza
The Spanish Department is a strong supporter of VIVA and Alianza, the student organizations dedicated to supporting and celebrating Hispanic, Latin American, and Latin@/Latinx identities and cultures on campus.