Academic Language and Support
Lawrence is committed to helping CS-L and Pathway students improve English language proficiency as well as providing opportunities to study in an academic theme with other Lawrence students. A number of language and academic supports are available to help students make the necessary transition from studying about English to studying in English. These services are available through the Center for Academic Success.
- ESL classes available every term
- ESL-trained writing and communications tutors for one-on-one help
- Tutor-led discussion groups for practicing English discussion
- Tutor-led study groups for courses in Winter Term
- Each student is assigned to an academic advisor from the Lawrence faculty