Off-campus programs with internships provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Lawrence students to learn, explore, and grow as individuals.
There’s much to be gained by interning during your off-campus study:
- Gain unique cross-cultural experiences in the workplace
- Develop professional skills and get practical exposure to a specific field
- Hone communication skills in another culture (and possibly another language)
- Become more fully immersed in your host country/culture/community by joining the local workforce
- Research shows that graduates with internship experience average higher salaries
- Set your resume apart from the rest (only 4% of university students in the US study abroad – even less intern while on off-campus study programs)
- Be ready to respond to the needs of an increasingly global arena of employers
Note: This site provides information on Lawrence’s off-campus programs offering internship opportunities connected to an off-campus study program. If you are more interested in and internship not connected with an off-campus study program, you should contact the Internship Coordinator in Career Services.