CAS staff are here to serve you during spring term. Click the buttons below for more information.
Please schedule a meeting with a staff member by clicking their name below:
- Monita Mohammadian Gray
Dean of Academic Success
- Cecile Despres-Berry
Director of ESL and the Waseda Program
- Imelda (Melly) Gledhill
Student Success Specialist
- Joanna Morey
Accessibility Services and Academic Skills Specialist
- Julie Haurykiewicz
Associate Dean of Academic Success
- Kelsey Uherka
Quantitative Skills Specialist
- Kate Zoromski
Associate Dean of Academic Success
CAS tutors will be available in Term III. Our goal, as in any academic term, is to provide tutoring for all Lawrence students who request assistance. Julie Haurykiewicz and Kelsey Uherka are available to answer questions or provide direct support to both instructors and students throughout the term.
All tutoring will take place by appointment (see below for information regarding how to request a tutor). It will be up to students and their tutors to determine the tutoring logistics that work best for them (date/time, method of connecting [Zoom, FaceTime, email, phone, etc.], frequency of meetings, etc.).
The best ways for students to get connected with a tutor in Term III are as follows:
- Students should contact a tutor directly whenever possible. To locate a tutor, students should check their course Moodle site, course syllabi, and/or ask their instructors who the tutors are for a particular course.
- If a student wants to work with the same tutor throughout the term, they can simply make arrangements with the tutor about how meet in an ongoing manner.
- To request a tutor more generally (for any subject/assignment in which a tutor has not already been identified), a student can use the tutor request form in Voyager (a direct link is also available on the CAS website and in Voyager under the Student Services tab—>Academic Resources & Services link—>Tutor Request form). CAS staff will monitor requests in Voyager and assign them to tutors each day.
- If a student experiences difficulty in connecting with a tutor, they should contact Julie and Kelsey directly.
Students should be aware of any requirements for or restrictions on tutoring made by individual course instructors (e.g., you must meet with a tutor before submitting a certain assignment or you cannot work with a tutor on certain assignments). The LU Honor Code will, as always, be in place whenever a student works with a tutor.
Students with disabilities approved for accommodations through Accessibility Services will continue to receive their accommodations for the spring term after they submit their Online Accommodations Request Form. If you are a student approved for accommodations and are having difficulty accessing course content due to the online format, please contact Accessibility Services right away at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who have elected not to register their disability previously with Accessibility Services may wish to do so at this time. To begin, please complete the Online Eligibility Form.
Students seeking help with study skills, organization, and test preparation can contact Joanna Morey at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Students seeking help with quantitative skills should contact Kelsey Uherka.
Contact Cecile Despres-Berry to set up an appointment for English language services, including writing or speaking consultations. We can work together over email, zoom, telephone, etc.
- Use Calendly for appointments on Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. - noon (U.S. CST) https://calendly.com/lu-cecile-despres-berry
- Email to schedule appointments at other times: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic counseling will be available through Zoom throughout spring term. You can schedule appointments as usual using the Calendly apps below. Once your appointment is set, Kate or Melly will contact you with the Zoom invitation.
- Kate Zoromski: https://calendly.com/lu-kate-zoromski
- Melly Gledhill: https://calendly.com/lu-imelda-gledhill
Three sections of the class are running spring term (asychronously). If you have questions about the class, you can contact either Kate Zoromski (email@example.com) or Melly Gledhill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please find the document in PDF format and Microsoft Word format below:
- Online Study Habits & Strategies Guide (pdf)
- Online Study Habits & Strategies Guide (Microsoft Word)