Check back later for QPR classes for faculty and staff.
QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer. The purpose of the 1.5 hour “gatekeeper” QPR training sessions is to provide suicide prevention training and education to the Lawrence University community. After taking this training, participants will:
* know what behaviors and warning signs indicate that someone might be at risk for suicidal behavior
* know the risk factors involved in those who attempt or complete suicide
* be able to effectively communicate with someone who might be at risk for suicidal behavior
* know when it is advisable to and the procedures for referring a student to Counseling Services
* know how to refer an employee to the Employee Resource Center, Inc.
* know how to reach a mental health professional at Counseling Services in order to consult about someone who might be at risk for suicidal behavior
* learn about local and national resources for suicide prevention, such as the National Suicide Prevention Hotline
If you’ve already participated in QPR Gatekeeper Training would like to attend again, please feel free to join us!
If you have questions about QPR or this training session, please contact Julie Haurykiewicz (email@example.com).