Viking Ambassadors in Service and Engagement
Viking Ambassadors in Service and Engagement (VASE) aims to get first year students volunteering, making connections, and learning about issues in the Fox Valley community. Each of our six issue areas will run a version of this program. Applications for our Fall term programs are due Friday, September 20.
• Environment and Sustainability
• Arts Advocacy
Winter Term Programs
• Animal Welfare
• Fair Housing
Spring Term Programs
• Equal Access to Education
• Pre-Health Community Engagement
• Volunteers will commit to volunteer 1-4 hours weekly for the duration of the program
• Volunteers will attend a training and orientation session before volunteering begins
• Volunteers will attend an education session on their area of interest
• Volunteers will attend a recognition/celebration event at the end of the term
• Volunteers will be present for all scheduled volunteer opportunities unless communicated with their program leader at least 48 hours in advance with a valid reason. Sudden illness is, of course, excused but should still be communicated in advance when possible.