Student Employee - Application
Academic Year: 2019-20
Job Summary: The team of Spiritual and Religious Life Student Employees are responsible for advising, creating, implementing, advertising and supporting interfaith programs and events through the Office of Spiritual and Religious Life.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:Shared duties of the team:
There are several job opportunities to be reviewed through the Career Services network, Handshake. Please be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for.
For all Student Employees
• Adherence to office basics
• Meet occasionally with the Dean to discuss campus climate and faith-centered interactions
• Meet occasionally as a staff with House Coordinator, Dean, or Associate Dean as a team to discuss collaborative projects as well as activities specific to their particular job
• Assisting teammates in projects if possible and appropriate
• Work collaboratively with the office staff
• Work collaboratively with other student employees wherever possible
• End of year performance review
- On a spiritual journey, in growing fluency in one or more wisdom traditions
- Pluralistic values about religious and non-religious worldviews
- Willing to fail in the effort to be successful: learning and persistence
- Willing to be an SRL employee 24/7
- Frank and open about concerns, difficulties, disagreements
- Positive communicator
* Students eligible for federal work strongly preferred
* Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA and must be on campus all 3 terms of academic year 2017-2018
* Experience or qualities related to position
Abilities Preferred: Time management skills, communication skills, organization skills, promotions/advertising experience, comfortable with technology, and experience planning programs. The ability to be a registered driver would be a plus. Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel is a plus. This office has a specific requirement to work a minimum 1.5 hour shift.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.