Student Employee - Interfaith Activators Application
Applications will be accepted through May 6th.
Interviews will begin in Week 4, April 16th, and continue until the roles are filled. We are seeking to fill a staff of three students.
Name of Position: Interfaith Activators
Academic Year: 2018-19
Rate of Pay: $7.25 / hour
Hours per week: 5 hours/week
Supervisor name/title: Karen Brennan, Administrative Assistant and Sabin House Coordinator
Job Summary: The team of Interfaith Activators are responsible for advising, creating, implementing, advertising and supporting interfaith programs and events through the Office of Spiritual and Religious Life.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:Shared duties of the Activator Team: (various jobs will be assigned to individuals for primary responsibility)
- Develop activities or informational materials that educate and support each team member’s particular faith-tradition.
- If applicable, support the efforts of the student faith based organization with which the team member is affiliated.
- Encourage participation in interfaith events
- Support interfaith events/projects administratively as assigned
- Act as consultants to the Dean of Spiritual and Religious Life regarding each member’s particular tradition and student perspective in general
- Maintain campus networks that support and participate in Spiritual and Religious Life programs and events
- Manage Facebook and Spiritual and Religious Life advertising, i.e. creation of program posters or brochures
- Administrative support
- Sabin House hospitality:
-Maintaining house signage
-Occasional cleaning and replenishing items
-Monitoring condition of furniture, dishes, etc.
- Meet periodically as a team to communicate about projects and tasks. Participate in training sessions.
- Actively seek off-campus resources to support student spiritual and religious life.
- Actively seek to learn from other members of the team
- Other duties as assigned
* Students eligible for federal work strongly preferred
* Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA and must be on campus all 3 terms of academic year 2017-2018
* Experience or qualities related to position
Abilities Preferred: Time management skills, communication skills, organization skills, promotions/advertising experience, comfortable with technology, and experience planning programs. The ability to be a registered driver would be a plus. Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel is a plus. This office has a specific requirement to work a minimum 1.5 hour shift.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.