Consent to Sexual Contact
What is consent? It's as simple as tea.
- given by word ("yes") or action (mmm)
- clear (no mixed signals)
- knowing (I understand what's happening)
- freely given (voluntary, no coercion)
- ongoing (evident throughout)
- revocable at any time (I changed my mind)
Consent is not:
- silence, passivity, or inactivity (lack of resistance)
- assumed from past activity (we did it last week) or relationship (you're my girl/boyfriend)
Consent cannot be given by anyone who is:
- too incapacitated to act freely and knowingly
- under age 18 (in Wisconsin)
Consent to outercourse (kissing, touching) is not consent to intercourse (oral, anal, or vaginal). Ask again ("Do you want to ... ?")!