2013 APPLICATIONS DUE SEPTEMBER 20, 2013: Click Here to Complete Your Online Application
The Volunteer & Community Service Center is excited to introduce its new Change Agent Certificate Program for the 2013 – 2014 Academic Year! This non-academic-credit program will allow participants to engage in a diverse series of one-time service projects throughout the year, reflect on related community issues, meet fellow Lawrentians, and focus on their passions in order to become life-long change agents and leaders for their local, national, and global communities.
Each month, participating students will:
- Gather to explore a community issue (ie: group-read and reflect, dynamic guest speakers, local tours, etc.);
- Participate a one-time service project related to the month’s topic (ie: environmental month: community gardens; housing month: shelter assistance) either on their own or as a group; and
- Reflect on their experience throughout the month.
At the end of the program, participants will:
- Create and present an Action Plan describing a project/initiative (addressing a specific community issue/concern) which they can initiative and engage in during the upcoming year.
Upon completion of the Program:
- Participants will be recognized with a non-academic Certificate by the Volunteer & Community Service Center in collaboration with the Dean of Students Office. The Program will also be featured on the participant’s Co-Curricular Transcript.
Application decisions will be released September 23, 2013, with an initial meeting on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM.