Senior Year - Time to Apply!
Plan for your Life After Lawrence NOW:
Continue to participate in Career Services events:
- Think Globally, Explore Locally (TGEL) trips.
- Lawrence Scholars sessions and midterm reading period trips.
- The Career Conference.
- Guest Drop-in Hours with alumni.
- Shadow/Network events.
- Info Tables and Info Sessions.
- Attend: S2 if you are unclear of where to start or how to continue in order to prepare yourself for attending S4 as well as your life after Lawrence.
- Participate in S4 which will provide you the tools to promote your skills, create quality application materials, build your personal brand and feel energized about your future.
- Attend internship and job fairs.
- Decide whether you are going to enter the job market right from Lawrence, participate in a Gap Year (e.g. Peace Corps, Teach For America, Green Corps) or pursue further study.
- Finalize graduate school applications in early fall; have personal statements reviewed by career advisors and faculty members
- Start working with a career advisor early in the fall to develop job search strategies and establish job targets
- Network with others and let them know you are looking for a job - they may be able to help you expand your network or keep you posted on job openings.
- Identify potential employers and send resumes and cover letters. Set up informational interviews to build contacts within the company and learn more about the field or organization.
- Tailor résumés and cover letters for specific job targets.
- Continue to participate in mock interviews with a career advisor, visiting alumni and/or business representatives hosted by Career Services.
Celebrate your success!