Travel and Early Return for Winter Term
All Lawrence students must depart from Lawrence residence halls on the date and time indicated by the Academic Calendar. Students that want to remain on campus for part or all of the break must complete the Request for Housing Form located in Voyager (Navigate to: Student Services > Request for Housing).
International Winter Return Fee Waiver
Lawrence will continue a pilot program that began in 2017-18, allowing students who submit an international plane ticket to International Student Services (by the December 14 deadline), to arrive up to three days early without charge so they can recover from jet lag. Details about the program are below the Departure Planning Checklist. Be sure to complete the International Winter Return Fee Waiver on-line (below) to request the waiver.
Departure Planning Checklist for Students from Abroad
___ Every F-1/J-1 student should get a travel endorsement (signature) on their I-20 or DS-2019
___ Depart campus by the date/time indicated on the Academic Calendar
- For Fall 2018, the required departure is Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018 (at 12-noon sharp).
___ Request to live in campus housing for part or all of the winter break on-line by the deadline.
- Apply for winter break housing on Voyager (Navigate to: Student Services > Request for Housing)
- The 2018 deadline to request campus housing during the break is AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,
at least 3 weeks prior to your intended stay. Last deadline: December 14, 2018.
- There will be a fee for living on campus during the break. Meal plans are not available.
- For students returning to campus during the 3-day International Return Waiver period
(Dec. 30, 2018 – Jan. 1, 2019), submit a waiver request to ISS on-line.
- The deadline to submit a request for the International Winter Return Waiver is December 14, 2018.
- The waiver period for Winter Term 2018 is December 30, 2018 - Jan 1, 2019
- Contact International Student Services (email@example.com) with any questions.
International Winter Return Fee Waiver: Information
What: A fee waiver for students with an international flight ticket who will return to campus between December 30, 2018 and January 1, 2019.
Deadline for waiver submission: Friday, December 14, 2018
Details: ISS has partnered with Campus Life to provide a fee waiver to any student returning to Lawrence from an International destination, within three days of the “Halls Open” date in January 2019. The purpose of this pilot program is to allow students traveling internationally, who are at higher risk of jet lag in their first few days back to campus, the option to arrive a day or two early at no added cost in order to be better prepared to resume their Winter Term studies.
How: First, it is required to complete the early arrival request for Campus Life in Voyager. This will ensure your ID card will be activated for your return. Waivers will NOT be approved for individuals that do not notify Campus Life about their early return. Then, complete the International Winter Return Fee Waiver on-line (below).