Federal Job Search
Preparing for a federal career requires planning (at least a year and a half in advance of intended date of desired role) and preparation. Career preparation includes researching the industry/roles, conducting informational and mock interviews and securing an internship.
Below is a sampling of websites and resources you may find helpful:
- U.S. Department of State
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The Pathways for Students & Recent Graduates of Federal Careers
- International Organizations Careers
- U.S. General Services Administration
- Office of Personnel Management Internship Program
- Office of Personnel Management Recent Graduates Program
- Fels institute of Government
- Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- Master the Civil Service Exams, provides the math, verbal, and clerical exercises you need to pass your civil service exam, plus 4 full-length sample tests with detailed answer explanations to help you hone your skills. Career Services has a copy available for checkout.