Dear Lawrence Parents and Guardians,
Happy Spring Term!
Whether your student is graduating this year or has just recently started their Lawrence career, everyone on campus is looking toward the future. Our office has been meeting with students, freshmen to seniors, to support each Lawrentian with their summer and post-graduation plans.
- For underclassmen, Career Services has been busy creating the weekly internship emails that circulate to every student, while meeting 1:1 to support students in their search to find an internship that suites them.
- For graduating seniors, this is a daunting, yet exciting time as we help students prepare for jobs and graduate school. In fact, we are pleased to share that many students have already been notifying us of job offers and graduate school acceptances for the upcoming year!
We remain committed to supporting students throughout the year by offering various events designed to help students plan for their future. A sampling of such events include:
- Lawrence Scholars Networking Lunches: Sat., April 16th from 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. These lunches are for students to connect with and gain insights from alumni about this term’s topics: Lawrence Scholars in Business: Innovation & Entrepreneurship in the Workplace and Lawrence Scholars in Arts & Entertainment: What to do with a Music Education and/or Music Performance Major.
- 1:1 Chats with Alumni by appointment on Friday, April 15th and Saturday, April 16th. Students have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a variety of alumni ranging from professionals in the arts to entrepreneurs, lawyers, teachers, financial business analysts and medical school professors.
- Seniors: Support, Strategies and Success (S4): Weekly-One Hour Sessions. We are offering a continuation of our Winter term S4 programming, with various topics including the new and popular sessions on Managing Money (April 28th) and Transitioning to Life after Lawrence (May 11th). Alumni and representatives from local organizations help lead the series. Students who attend five of the six sessions will be entered into a raffle to donate $100 to the winner’s local nonprofit of choice!
In addition, we like to take time during Spring term to celebrate and congratulate the great work of our Lawrentians. Students who have secured a summer internship, full-time job or graduate school acceptance are encouraged to submit their opportunities. We then share these achievements on social media and on posters displayed around campus. Lawrence community members can see the achievements of our students by going to our Spotlight blog or visiting Career Services’ Facebook page.
In advance, thank you for encouraging your student to become and stay engaged with Career Services.
Mary Meany ’83, Dean of Career Services
Emma Huston ’16 , Career Assistant