Ken Anselment, Dean of Admissions, and Caro Granner ’20, co-host our 5th Annual Live Show. This three-hour primetime experience is jammed packed with all of the things you know and love about Giving Day, featuring many activities, performances and guest appearances.
Check us out on Facebook Live throughout the day as we will be taking you around campus:
9 a.m. CDT - Kickoff Giving Day
Giving Day hosts Ken Anselment, Dean of Admissions, and Caro Granner '20 will help us kickoff our 5th Annual Giving Day with a special feature and announcement from Mark Burstein.
12:30 p.m. CDT - Flume Room Tour
Join us live in the Flume Room with Professor of Geology and Special Assistant to the President, Jeff Clark. Don't know what the Flume Room is? You will not want to miss this behind the scenes tour of this amazing hands on lab.
3:30 p.m. CDT - Unusual Lawrence Trivia
Tune in to see three current students take on three LU professors in Unusual Lawrence Trivia. You can play along in the comments on Facebook and also see who will be crowned the winner!
You are in for another great show with faculty, students, alumni and more! Below you will find the special guests you can expect to see within each hour. They are approximately in chronological order, but with a live show, you just never know what will happen! Enjoy!
6 o'clock hour
- Mark Burstein, president of Lawrence University, and co-hosts, Ken Anselment, Vice President for Enrollment and Communication and Caro Granner ’20, will introduce the 5th Annual Giving Day
- Jazz program and performance featuring José Encarnación, Instructor of Jazz Saxophone, and students
- Beth De Stasio, The Raymond H. Herzog Professor of Science and Professor of Biology, along with Safyia Clark ‘20 and Tess Seering ’19 will share information on the Inclusive Excellence Initiative/Howard Hughes Medical Institute grant
- Angela Vanden Elzen, Reference and Learning Technologies Librarian and Assistant, will do a walkthrough tour and demo of the Makerspace
- Kelsey McCormick, Project Specialist, along with Allie Horton '19, Joey Zimmer '20, and Sarah Woody '19 will share featured students/projects around sustainability, funded initiatives
- Brian Pertl ‘86, Dean of the Conservatory of Music and Bianca Pratte ‘19 sharing about Presto! and LUAA Bridge Fund
- Bassoon Ensemble Performance, with Bianca Pratte ‘19
7 o'clock hour
- Cory Chisel, lecturer of music, will perform and explore his current class
- Allison Fleshman, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Decoda/Music for All: Performance by Michael Mizrahi, Associate Professor of Music and Cosette Bardawil ’18
- Jesus Smith, Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies, will lead a Freshman Studies and Ethnic Studies debate with students
- John Holiday, Assistant Professor of Music – Voice, will feature an interactive masterclass with students and hosts
8 o'clock hour
- Gary Vaughan, Coordinator of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program and Lecturer of Economics with PITCH I&E Winners, also featuring international students and their journey to the final pitch
- Claudena Skran, Edwin & Ruth West Professor of Economics and Social Science and Professor of Government, will share her research in Jamaica with featured students
- Christyn Abaray, Athletics Director, joined by some of the newer coaches, will talk of the Banta Bowl renewal
- A Capella group performance by Amanda Thomas ’19, Saahil Cuccria ’19, Bailey Underwood ’20, Robert Meiser ’19, and Cole Foster ’20
- Hosts, Ken Anselment and Caro Granner ’20 will share an update and final push
- SOL Studios, two student members of SOL to lead a gratitude themed, musical/spoken word toast in conjunction with the hosts and house band
- Mark Burstein, President, closes with hosts and toast in studio