Björklunden Housing Availability
- In an effort to guarantee that each seminar in a given week has an equal chance at attracting participants who need housing, the guest rooms for each week are divided into equal portions for each seminar. For example, if a week has three scheduled seminars, each seminar will be assigned around 7 rooms.
- If a seminar has met its allotted guest room assignment capacity and people still want to register as residents, we start a waiting list and inform them of the options listed below. If by two months before the start date of a seminar week there are still open rooms available, we will release the rooms to all seminars and starting from the top, will contact those who put their name on the waiting list for a room in the lodge.
- Updates on lodging availability and seminar cancellations will be posted within each seminar description.
- If a seminar reaches its maximum participant limit or if the lodge no longer has vacancies for residents, those interested in attending may:
- 1) Add their names to a waiting list; there is no charge to be on the waiting list. If space becomes available, we contact the first person on the list as soon as possible and that person has 48 hours to register before we move on to the next person.
- 2) Find lodging elsewhere in Door County and register for seminars as commuters.
- Björklunden recommends that participants contact Maxwelton Braes - a lodge located just down the road in Baileys Harbor - for their special 20% discounted Björklunden seminar participant lodging rates. Click this link for more info: Maxwelton Braes Special Bjorklunden Discount.pdf Call (920) 839-2321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to Sunday dinner and all lunches, which are included in the commuter package, participants are welcome to sign up and pay for breakfasts and dinners at the lodge on an à la carte basis. Contact the Assistant Director at (920) 839-2216 or at email@example.com with questions regarding this special offer.