Girl Choir Auditions
The Girl Choir program welcomes approximately 300 singers to the choirs every year. Auditions are held each year in late spring. Due to the volume of requests, summer and mid-year auditions are not possible.
- Singers are asked to audition only if they are willing to make a commitment to the Girl Choir for the entire academic year.
- Please discuss, as a family, whether or not weekly Girl Choir rehearsals fit your schedule before coming to an audition. Rehearsals are every week, September-December and January-March.
- There is no cost to audition.
- Due to the volume of audition requests and the limited times available in the audition site, we are not able to schedule additional audition times. Moreover, our teacher-conductors are only available to hear auditions on certain days—this includes the teacher of the student’s current choir, the teacher of the choir for which the student is auditioning, and the teacher trained to run the audition.
The Day of the Audition
- Please dress comfortably.
- If a singer has allergies or a slight cold, please come to the audition anyway. Unless she is feverish or experiencing nausea, please plan to attend the audition. The teacher-conductors who hear the auditions can assess in most cases of congestion or illness.
- Parents are welcome to wait in the hallway outside the audition room and are respectfully asked not to look in the window or listen at the door.
Please note that registration in an Academy program indicates understanding and acceptance of the Academy Guidelines.
The Girl Choir Empowerment Fund exists to help all girls, regardless of background, find their voice. Additionally, scholarships from our Tutti Fund are available to all Academy lessons, ensembles, and classes. Click here for more information on financial assistance at the Academy.